The Greek Golden Visa Program, which was established in 2013, offers a five-year residence permit in exchange for a minimum real estate investment of €250,000 in Greece.
In April 2023, this investment amount will increase to €500,000 for properties in Athens only, but there will be no change in the investment amount if you purchase a property outside Athens.
Your family is welcome to participate in the residency program. You can live in Greece and travel throughout the Schengen area without a visa thanks to the Greek Golden Visa. We at Coates Global have experience in the market because we have assisted hundreds of families in finding the ideal property in Greece and obtaining their Golden Visa. Before you decide, take the first few steps of your journey by learning everything there is to know about the Greece Golden Visa program, including who is eligible to apply, what the investment requirements are, and all other specifics. Let’s start the process.
Benefits of the Greece Golden Visa
Compared to other Golden Visa programs, obtaining a Greek Golden visa residence permit has a number of advantages.
- Visa-free movement within the Schengen region
- EUR 250,000 is a comparatively low minimum investment amount.
- Family members, both immediate and extended, are also eligible.
- Tax advantages for both residents and non-residents of Greece
- There is no minimum duration of stay requirement.
- 5-year permit for immediate residence.
- A remote application option.
How to Apply for the Golden Visa Greece
The Greek Golden Visa application procedure is not too complicated. Here are the procedures:
- Choose your investment strategy.
- Open a Greek bank account and obtain a Greek non-resident tax identification number.
- Purchase real estate or make your chosen investment.
- Prepare all of the paperwork required to apply for a Golden Visa.
- Visit Greece and provide biometric data to the appropriate authorities there.
You’ll be given a Golden Visa once your application has been accepted. The law governing the Greek Golden Visa now permits remote application, including the actual collection of residence permits. Investors will only need to travel to Greece once to submit their biometric data, along with their families.From submission to approval, the application process can take one to two months.
Documents Required to Apply for a Greece Golden Visa
You must submit the following paperwork in order to apply for the Greek Golden Visa program and finish the above steps:
- Application for the Golden Visa in Greece.
- Passport photos from recently. Use the handy iVisa online photo service if you don’t have one.
- Genuine passport
- A receipt for the necessary government and visa fees.
- Proof of health insurance coverage in Greece for you and each applicant’s family members.
- Proof of the source and amount of the investment’s funding.
Additional records depend on the investment, such as a real estate purchase agreement, contracts for investments made in corporations, or a certificate from the Land Registry.
Your documents must be translated into Greek by a Greek lawyer or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs translation service in Athens.
Getting Greece Citizenship through the Golden Visa
You will be given a Golden Visa for Greece as long as you maintain the investment, therefore you visa is renewable every five years. Contrary to the majority of other nations that issue Golden Visas, Greece does not require you to reside there in order to renew your residence permit.
After seven years, you may submit an application for Greek citizenship. You must, however, actually reside in Greece and pay taxes in order to be eligible. An applicant can only finish this procedure if they can show that they have assimilated into Greek society. For instance, passing an exam is required to demonstrate that you have a basic understanding of the Greek language.
Who may Submit a Greece Golden Visa Application?
Greek Golden Visa applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- 18 years of age or older
- You have never been convicted of a crime anywhere you’ve lived.
- Make a sizable investment in Greece’s economy (see options below).
- Obtain medical insurance for each member of your family coming with you
- from a Greek insurance provider.
- Golden Visas are available to the relatives of Greek nationals.
The Golden Visa application can include family members, such as:
- Your spouse
- Children under 21 who are not married
- Parents who are dependent on you or your spouse.
- Children studying between the ages of 21 and 24
These family members will have the same privileges as the visa holder and be able to visit any Schengen country without a visa.
Is The Greece Golden Visa Appropriate For You?
You might believe that you require a second passport in order to accomplish your personal and professional objectives, but that isn’t always the case.The Greece Golden Visa is the most flexible European residency program in terms of your actual investment and has the lowest investment requirement.
Furthermore, despite its relatively high property taxes and lack of experience with naturalizing long-term residents, Greece may still be a desirable destination for some investors looking for the best possible treatment.As always, you should seek professional advice before deciding which investment is best for you or where to apply for residency.
Whether it’s Greece or another country with a Golden Visa, we can help you sort it all out. Let’s talk.