[The government of Cyprus abolished this programme (Cyprus Citizenship via Investment) on 1st November 2020. All pending applications will continue to be examined; no new applications will be accepted.]
Apply for Cyprus Citizenship
Cyprus Citizenship: Cyprus, the ‘Jewel of the Mediterranean’, is a country filled with opportunities, beauty and culture. Swim in the crystal-clear waters of the Mediterranean, enjoy its wonderful scenery and historic sights and bask in more than 340 days of sunshine per year. Cyprus is in the northeastern corner of the Mediterranean, 300 kms north of Egypt and 75 kms south of Turkey. The island’s hot, dry summers and mild, wet winters ensures sunshine all year round. Nicosia, the capital city, is the seat of government and main business hub; Limassol, the second largest city, is on the south coast, and is the island’s chief sea port with a thriving industrial and international business centre.
Why Choose Cyprus?
As a full member of the European Union, gaining a Cypriot passport gives you the freedom to visit, work and even live in any other EU member state. If you choose to visit Cyprus frequently, you will benefit from all-year-round beautiful weather, close-proximity to Asia and Africa, and the lowest crime rate in Europe. Cyprus is ranked one of the safest countries in the world according to the Global Peace Index, 2018.
Cyprus’ citizenship scheme for investors is the fastest programme of its kind in Europe. However, its hefty investment requirements make it suitable for only the highest value investors.
Cyprus Citizenship by Investment is easy and straightforward. You are only required to invest €2,000,000 in government bonds, real estate or financial assets of Cypriot companies or organisations. In addition, there is a compulsory non-refundable contribution of €150,000 that is to be donated to the Government Development Funds. In all cases, except investment in real estates, you must also posses a permanent privately-owned residence in Cyprus, the purchase price of which must be at least €500,000 plus VAT.
“Full EU Citizenship in just Six Months!”
One of the main objectives of the economic policy of Cyprus is to encourage foreign direct investment and to attract high-net-worth individuals to settle and do business in Cyprus. The key factors that make Cyprus an attractive destination for investment are the highly specialised human capital, the reliable legislative and regulatory framework, the stable tax system as well as the safe and stable conditions prevailing in the country.
The Cyprus Citizenship Benefits Include:
- Cyprus is an EU country; therefore, becoming a Cypriot citizen means becoming an EU citizen, which allows freedom of travel to and living in all EU countries
- Visa-free travel to more than 140 countries, including Canada and Australia
- You, your investor and your dependants can live, work and attend schools/universities in Cyprus or in any other EU country
- No double taxation: no extra tax on your income in either your home country or any other country
- No maximum age limit
- No maximum or minimum residency requirement
- Full citizenship for life, which can be passed on to future generations
The Cyprus Citizenship Key Requirements are:
- Invest in stocks, bonds or real estate in Cyprus for a minimum value of €2,000,000 (to be held for at least five years)
- A non-refundable contribution of €150,000 to be donated to the Government Development Funds
- Must possess a permanent privately-owned residence in Cyprus, the purchase price of which must be at least €500,000 plus VAT
- Be aged 18 and over
- Have no criminal record
- Apply for a residence permit along with the citizenship application
As a full member of the European Union, gaining a Cypriot passport gives you the freedom to visit, work and even live in any other EU member state. However, if you choose to visit Cyprus regularly, you will benefit from year-round desirable weather, close proximity to Asia and Africa, and the lowest crime rate in Europe (ranked the 5th safest country in the world!).
Cyprus Citizenship Investment routes:
- Real estate: this is the most popular investment route due to its flexibility. You are free to let the properties you invest in and can benefit from strong returns after a number of years. More information about this investment route can be found in the “Frequently Asked Questions” section.
- Cypriot businesses or companies: You can either purchase and take over, or participate in a Cyprus-based business of company that operates in Cyprus. This business must employ at least five Cypriot citizens and have a clear presence in the country. Any type of business qualifies as long as these criteria are met.
- AIFs or financial assets: You can invest in a variety of financial assets including ‘Alternative Investment Funds’, bonds or other securities that are in companies regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission.
Take an in-depth look at the requirements of Cyprus’ citizenship by investment programme